The feature lives under the "Following" icon on your dashboard. Users have the option to comment on a friends' pin, share it, pin it to their own board, or download it to their device.
Recommended accounts are shown horizontally, like the social media site as well.
The feed still works the same, and users shouldn't fear too much that the site is losing its distinctive style.
Moving to a single-column feed can potentially give each post more attention and drive engagement.
As of this year, Instagram has more than 800 million users. Besides Pinterest, other social media sites have borrowed a few of Instagram's features, like Stories.
It's been adding new features making it more attractive to potential users and proving itself a competitor against other social media sites.
In the last week alone, Instagram is working on adding language support for Hindi, redesigning user profiles, offering better ways to report hacking, and more.
FOLLOW Download.com on Twitter for all the latest app news.
- Pinterest updated its "Following" feature to look more like Instagram's.
- From a marketing perspective, modeling a site after Instagram isn't the worst plan. The site is immensely popular and a fierce competitor against other social media sites.
- Shazam now lets you share songs to Instagram Stories
- New 'Collect' app is like Pinterest for the things in your life
- 7 apps to help you decorate for the holidays
- Google redesigns search to make it more like an app: 4 changes to watch
- 15 Pinterest tips for the shiny new redesign (CNET)
- Why Pinterest should be in every brand's strategy (ZDNet)
- Why AR and VR content needs to be searchable (TechRepublic)